Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL), which operates leisure channels comparable to Zee TV and Zee Cinema, reported consolidated revenues of Rs 2034.7 crore for the quarter ended September 30, 2018 (Q2 FY19). This represents a rise of virtually 14% from Rs 1785 crore in the identical quarter final 12 months. In the earlier quarter, the whole revenues stood at Rs 1821.7 crore.
- Advertising income stood at Rs 1210.6 crore, making up 59% of the whole income this quarter.
- ZEEL’s expenditure went up by 20% year-over-year and stands at Rs 1386 crore this quarter.
- Net profit elevated by 18% quarter-on-quarter at Rs 386 crore, however has fallen 38% year-on-year.
ZEEL accomplished the second part of disposal of its Sports enterprise to Sony Pictures this quarter.
Revenue highlights Q2FY19
ZEEL captures an all-India viewership share of 19.9%. Advertising and subscription revenues kind the most important chunks of income:
- Advertising income: Rs 1210.6 crores, year-on-year progress of 22%. The firm expects progress in this phase, particularly with the launch of a brand new channel in Kerala.
- Domestic promoting income: Rs 1152 crore, grew by 23.3% year-on-year
- International promoting income: Rs 58 crore
- Subscription income: Rs 608 crore, year-on-year improve of 21%
- Domestic subscription income: Rs 509 crore, grew by 26.0% year-on-year
- International subscription income: Rs 98 crore
ZEEL claims that its over-the-top platform Zee5 has 41 million month-to-month lively customers and common time spent on the platform is 31 minutes. In phrases of customers, Zee5 has seen a 190% progress in customers since April 2018. ZEEL MD and CEO Punit Goenka additionally mentioned Zee5 has unique content material in addition to partnerships coming alongside. According to Goenka, promoting and subscription income efficiency provides impetus for funding in the digital arm.
Remember that Zee5’s content material partnership with Reliance Jio fell via in August after the 2 failed to succeed in a pricing settlement. Zee5 then signed a take care of Bharti Airtel to characteristic Zee’s content material on Airtel apps and merchandise. However, ZEEL and Reliance Jio signed a contemporary deal as soon as once more this week, making Zee’s 37 channels and on-demand library out there on all Jio apps.
Download: Financials and Press Release