1. The world’s tallest statue of India’s iron man, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is appropriately known as as Statue of Unity as he was answerable for merger of about 500 princely states into Indian union. The first dwelling minister of India actually deserves all reward for this unparalleled process achieved with such meticulous effort. But, the Prime Minister Narendra Modi didn’t unite India’s political spectra for the revealing of the statue. No different celebration chief was even invited. It was all BJP affair although the statue was constructed by a belief liberally funded by the federal government owned public sector models. Statue of Unity inaugurated amidst unprecedented disunity
2. Sardar Patel will not benefit from the status and the privilege as somebody on whose title the world’s tallest statue is. This statue is 182 metres lengthy. By 2021 , 212 metre statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji will come up. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister now talks of erecting the statue of Lord Rama. Many extra state governments run by the regional events might provide you with extra statue to recollect their very own icons. We already had the expertise of Mayawati. Perhaps in a decade or two India might have the doubtful distinction of having highest quantity of tall statues.
3. While dedicating the statue to the nation, Prime Minister Narendra Modi described the towering statue as ‘a symbol of our engineering and technical prowess’. It is true, we’ve got achieved cosmetic surgery within the type of Lord Ganesha . We had web throughout Mahabharat instances as Sanjaya utilizing the web search engine noticed the struggle to relate it to Dhritarashtra . Ancient India mastered civil aviation as Ramayana talks about Pushpaka Vimana. But we by no means had such gigantic statues throughout Treta Yuga or Dvapara Yuga .
But , the Prime minister of fashionable India ought to realise that producing a laptop computer at a value of lower than Rs 5000 or expertise that may present photo voltaic powered consuming water at a pittance is way better engineering feat than setting up a statue.
4. The central authorities claims that it has not funded the statue building. Can there be any greater lie than this as oil PSU’s primarily funded it. Why not Mukesh Ambani or Gautam Adani, the proud Gujarati industrialists discover it vital to finance this grand mission of Sardar Patel. Even the good nationalist Baba Ramdev who owns enterprise price 10,000 crore annual income didn’t contribute even a pittance to such an excellent nationalistic act.
5. Narendra Modi authorities collected round Rs. 7.5 lakh cores within the final 4 years within the type of taxes on petroleum merchandise on the pretext that oil PSUs are bleeding. But, these public owned oil corporations may contribute a lot for the development of statues beneath Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). But do they not have Consumer Social Responsibility .
6. The statue mission can be portrayed as a logo of Indian nationalism. But, the federal government that swears within the title of Make in India imported micro panels of bronze from China .
7. Sardar Patel deserves honour . But why not such a novel honour bestowed on the Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi who was additionally by the way born in Gujarat.
8. Sardar Patel statue is projected as tourism mission to counter the criticism of wasteful expenditure . If it’s only tourism mission, why not such a mission be given to Andhra Pradesh which is demanding particular standing or to Hyderabad which was built-in into Indian union by none aside from Sardar Patel .
( Prof.Okay. Nageshwar is India’s famous political analyst. He is a former member of the Telangana Legislative Council and professor within the Department of Communication & Journalism, Osmania University, Hyderabad, India )