Telecom employees steal Rs. 1.03 lakh in cash from Mumbai store


The Santa Cruz police arrested two employees of a number one Telecom firm and one among their pals — a supply boy for allegedly breaking into the Santa Cruz primarily based gallery of the Telecom service supplier and leaving away with collections of the gallery. The police have realized that the employees, Adnan Shaikh (21), Gulam Shaikh (24), each residing in Andheri and have been faculty pals, had handed the a part of the cash to a automotive supplier to buy a second-hand automotive.

“On the grievance from the gallery, an FIR underneath sections 457, 380 and 34 of the IPC was registered on October 15. The police scanned the CCTV footage of the gallery and located the suspects getting into and exiting the gallery after taking the cash. A complete quantity of Rs. 1.03 lakh have been stolen from the place,” stated a police officer.

The police additional added that Adnan had allegedly concerned two of his pals — Gulam Shaikh (24), an worker on the Versova gallery and Aftab Shaikh (22), a supply boy to conduct the theft on October 14.

During investigation, it was discovered that the culprits entered from the principle door after opening the shutter however whereas leaving the place they’d not lock up the store. The following day, on October 15 when one other worker reached the store, he discovered the shutter with out the locks. He went inside and noticed the principle glass door opened too, he then rushed to the cashier desk and located that cash lacking from the drawers.

“He then informed to his boss on the call and later police were informed about the incident. The police investigations revealed that the trio had divided the money among themselves after the theft being successful executed and each of them got a share of Rs. 33,000. They pitched in Rs. 14,000 each to buy a car for which Rs. 42,000 was given to a car dealer based in Andheri West as an instalment,” the officer added.

A workforce led by Police Sub Inspector, Yogesh Pawar from Santa Cruz police station, noticed Adnan in CCTV footage recovered from the neighborhood on the evening of October 14 whereas investigating the case.

The police took Adnan as a major suspect since he had the duplicate keys of the gallery and on the day of the incident he was the final worker to go away from work. Adnan was initially detained for interrogations and additional it was realized that Gulam and Aftab have been too concerned in the case. The trio was then arrested by the police and a restoration of Rs. 42,000 was made from them. The trio is in police custody until November 6, the police stated.

Leave a Reply