Vodafone Idea and Bharti Airtel have begun rolling out an ‘alternative digital KYC process’ stories PTI. This system will change the Aadhaar-based digital verification course of. According to the identical report, Reliance Jio will roll out an alternate digital KYC quickly.
The new digital KYC course of
- Bharti Airtel’s choose circles like Delhi, UP (East) and UP (West) have began implementing this order, and the corporate will prolong this to different circles within the coming days (with out mentioning a timeline).
- The new digital KYC course of entails scanning deal with and id proof, embedding reside buyer picture and on-line buyer acquisition kind. The complete course of shall be digital.
- Airtel shall be phasing out the eKYC course of, because the digital KYC system is rolled out to new areas, and stabilises.
- Vodafone’s new digital KYC course of is reside and is being rolled out nationally.
- In the wake of the latest Supreme Court verdict, the Telecom Department issued detailed directions to telcos on 26 October asking them to cease using Aadhaar-based electronic-know your buyer (e-KYC). Telcos have been additionally requested to report on this compliance by 5 November.
- The court docket struck down Section 57 of the Aadhaar Act which allowed personal entities to make use of the Aadhaar card as an ID authenticating doc.
- Subsequently, Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) approached the federal government requesting that telcos be allowed to proceed with Aadhaar-based eKYC course of until November 20, to implement the brand new digital course of. This was as a result of telcos needed to attain out to thousands and thousands of retail shops, with many in remote areas, and subsequently wanted extra time for it.